The accessibility policy applied by the City Council is aligned with the requirements of Royal Decree 1494/2007, of November 12, which approves the Regulation on the basic conditions for access of people with disabilities to technologies , products and services related to the information society and social media.
The advantages that this entails are, among others:
- Facilitate access for people regardless of their physical condition or their environment.
- Allow access with different user agents.
- Include clear and well-structured content.
- Improve navigation and user experience.
Among the measures adopted:
- Logical order of presentation of the elements on the screen and of the contents in the code.
- Use of W3C standards:
- HTML 5 and CSS 3 grammar
- Accessibility Guidelines for Web Content level AA according to the UNE 139803:2012 Standard.
The design and layout have been developed keeping in mind the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) that directly affect this part of the development:
- Separation of content and presentation through style sheets.
- Use of relative units (allow text resizing and fluid layouts).
- Colour contrast control.
The City Council considers the accessibility of its portal as a continuous improvement process in which it invites the citizen to participate with any suggestion (firstname.lastname@example.org)